Getting lighting right is important for the energy efficiency of a building and the well-being of its occupants. Up to 40% of a building’s electricity use is accounted for by lighting, while the right level and quality of light improves the alertness and accuracy of those working in it. At EICR Edinburgh we have a great working relationship with our suppliers to ensure you the best price and an efficiently designed installation.
Ways to improve your organisation’s lighting include:
- Occupancy sensors: By dimming or switching off lighting when there is nobody in a room occupancy sensors can reduce electricity use by 30%.
- Daylight sensors: Adjusting the artificial lighting according to the amount of natural light in a room using daylight sensors or photocells can reduce electricity use by up to 40%.
- Maintenance plan: By regularly cleaning windows and skylights you can reduce the need for artificial light. Cleaning the fixtures that contain lamps, known as luminaires, will improve their performance.
- In domestic environments we can change all the lamps for you , for tried and tested LEDs.
- In commercial environments we can often do a straight changeover to LED panel lighting – combined with a voltage optimiser you should pay for the installation within 1 – 2 years , and make a saving of 70 – 90% per annum. That’s a HUGE saving!